Latest Dealership News – March 24, 2020
Dear Harley-Davidson of Washington, D.C. Family & Friends,
For the last several days we have all been overwhelmed with the impact this invisible enemy COVID-19 has caused us. The public health challenge we all face is up to us to end sooner rather than later. Like many of you, I am facing this in my personal and business life. Over the last couple of days I have been trying to figure out our most responsible path forward. There are a few things we must do and nobody and I mean nobody comes together like our Harley-Davidson family to get things done!
First, to protect our fellow workers and guests’ health against the spread of an illness that we were only slowly beginning to understand. Second, try to balance the need for personal safety along with the financial pressure on Staff incomes from a possible drop off in business short or long term, and third, to do our part in stopping this evolving scourge on our Community.
Harley-Davidson of Washington, D.C. needs to change the way we conduct our business process. We must first always keep everyone’s health and safety a priority. Whether during the sale or service of the vehicle, the new way forward must allow our Guests and our Staff to adhere to the medical
advice for all of us to “social distancing” during this pandemic. The nice thing for most of what we do is the ability to communicate without requiring face to face interactions. However some things with Harley-Davidson you just can’t explain without seeing or sitting on the motorcycle. Beginning Tuesday, March 24th, and continuing until there is an all clear hopefully April 6th, this is what we’ll be doing.
Beginning Tuesday March 24th, we will amend our Hours of Operation to 11am-6pm Tuesday thru Saturday and we will work on an APPOINTMENT ONLY basis for Sales, Parts, and Service. Please call (301) 248-1200 and one of our team members will answer your questions and provide assistance.
You can also visit www.hdofdc.com where you can schedule your service appointment, shop and purchase New and Used vehicles online, receive a value for your current vehicle, apply for financing, shop for accessories, and discover valuable information.
Call to schedule your appointment. We will gather your information and complete the write-up process over the phone. Or, you can visit our website and click the SCHEDULE SERVICE button to schedule service. When you arrive, simply park outside and one of our Service Team members will greet you. If you prefer, we can schedule pick-up and delivery within a 25-mile radius of the dealership. Please call to schedule at (301) 248-1200.
Please call our parts staff at (301) 248-1200 to fill your specific parts request and prepare your quote. We will deliver your parts to you, or schedule a pick-up appointment.
Shop our entire New, Pre-owned inventory online at www.hdofdc.com select a vehicle that matches your lifestyle and we can bring it to you for a test ride. You can also learn the value of your trade, apply for financing, and interact with our staff all from the comfort of your home or office. Our staff is ready to guide you through your purchase using this technology. Call or Chat online.
Facing the uncertainty that lies before all of us, I will do all that I can to support you, my co-workers and this community we share. The way forward that we have outlined will work but undoubtedly will require a steep learning curve for all of us. We will learn from our missteps and try not to repeat them. My goal is nothing less than trying to find a simpler, safer and more efficient way for you to interface with our Business for the duration of this crisis. I look forward
to a future where we can greet new people with a warm handshake and old friends with a hug.
If you need us, please call and we will help in any way we can.
God Speed, be Safe and Stay Healthy!
Find your freedom & let’s ride!
Brett, Craig & The Harley-Davidson of Washington, D.C. Family
- At our dealership we are:
- Fully sanitizing and wiping down each motorcycle daily and after any interactions with a motorcycle.
- Allowing customers to only view, not try-on, helmets.
- Deep cleaning common areas used by employees and customers.
- Providing hand sanitizer for customers and employees.
- Instructing employees not to come to work if they feel sick or experience any symptoms.
- While we think of our customers as family, we’re following guidance from public authorities and practicing social distancing and staying 6 feet away from customers and other employees. For the time being, we will be refraining from handshakes, hugs and close contact.
- Make purchases online/through the telephone: we have notified all staff that we are able to make purchases through the phone or via email for any customer wishing to make a purchase. Simply call us at (301) 248-1200 or email us through our online web form with additional information on what you are looking to purchase, and we will make arrangements to make it easy and safe for you. We will also be able to offer curbside pick up or delivery.
- Online Service Scheduling has always been available through our website, and can still be found online in our Service Center where you can specify which way you would like us to serve you.
- Service Pick Up/Drop Off services are still available! Once you call or schedule your service online, we can arrange for a free pick up of your motorcycle to handle your service and then deliver it once it is completed.
- We are working on enhancing our digital inventory daily so you can see exactly what you are looking for all from the comfort of your own home. When you contact us, we will be able to do videos of the motorcycles or products you are looking for, up close and in greater detail before you head out.